Language and Tone
Brand is more than the visual palette, it also includes language, attitude and reputation.
When you’re writing, whether it’s in an email, letter or text message, keep the tone consistent. It should be simple, friendly. informal and concise.
Use everyday, understandable language. Keep in mind that your audience could be wide-ranging with varying levels of education.
- Avoid spelling and grammatical errors.
- Drop Inn literature should be written in British English, unless it’s for a specific region or country.
- Keep writing fluid, interesting and engaging, using a conversational tone.
- Headings should be in sentence case, titles in title case.
- Avoid repetition.
Don’t repeat yourself.
- Don’t overuse a name or term.
- Don’t waffle: you’re not writing an essay!
- Read it twice.